Curly Top Poodles
This contract is between Curly Top Poodles (Rene’ Self), hereinafter referred to as SELLER and ___________________________________________________, hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
• The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care.
• The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision.
• The Buyer upon the unlikely event our puppy is found to have life threatening hereditary congenital defect at a veterinary exam, we will replace the puppy with another one of equal value, and no money will ever be refunded. The Buyer must surrender ownership of the original puppy back to the Seller upon receipt of the replacement puppy. If the Buyer declines to accept a replacement puppy, then the Seller shall be under no further obligation and it will be deemed that the Buyer has released the Seller from any and all further claims.
• The Buyer’s agreements will continue for the duration of the dog’s life.
• The Buyer agrees that it is the Buyer’s responsibility to accept the dog as described by Seller. Puppies are sold as pets with AKC LIMITED REGISTRATION. No guarantee is made as to disposition, conformation, color, markings, personalities, characteristics and temperament or breeding ability.
• Failure of the Buyer to provide puppy with timely inoculations or regular veterinary care will void this guarantee. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs. The Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means frequent visits to a Licensed Veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments. This guarantee does not cover any of the following conditions: intestinal parasites (Coccidiosis, Giardia, Tapeworms, Hookworms, Roundworms or Ringworms) Kennel Cough, Pneumonia, Ear Mites, Skin Mites, Mange (Sarcoptic, emodectic or Cheyletiella), Cherry Eye, Allergies, Herniations (Inguinal, Perineal, or Diaphragmatic), Heart Murmur grades I, II or III, Patella Luxation grades I, II or III. This guarantee does not cover any Veterinarian costs associated with spaying or neutering, including undescended testes.
• Temperament issues are not covered under this guarantee as they can be caused by a lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization.
• THE BUYER AGREES TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS ACCESS TO DISCOVERY, ALSO MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
• This guarantee is non-transferable.
• The Seller will provide a health record of all shots and/or worming.
• The Seller assumes absolutely no responsibility for fees associated with caring for the puppy/dog.
• The Seller provides a guaranteed for 3 years from the date of birth against life threatening congenital defects. If, within this time period, a life threatening congenital defect is found, replacement puppy will be given, no money will ever be refunded. If this is deemed so, then puppy must be returned to the seller with the AKC registration papers within 48 hours at no expense to the breeder. The puppy must be accompanied by a written veterinarian report by two non-associated veterinarians. Replacement will be subject to availability. We do not refund money.
• The Seller will not be responsible for Parvo, Distemper or Corona Virus after 24 hours of the sale; these diseases are highly contagious and can be contacted immediately after leaving the breeder.
• The Seller DOES NOT refund money for buyer's remorse.
• The Seller will not accept any returns of said puppy for any monetary refund, for reasons including but not limited to allergy, Landlord/Tenant, marital, or adjustment problems, etc. If the Buyer must return the puppy for any reason, it will be on a surrender basis only with no refund or credit.
• The Seller will provided registration papers of the puppy's parents at time of sale of the puppy. No longer will we be providing AKC registration papers of the puppy due to mix breeding of toy poodles.
• The Seller will have the right to enforce the agreements.
Purchase Price: $
Parents of Puppy:
Name of Puppy:
Sex M F
You just bought a puppy, now what?
Hello everyone~ we want to thank you for trusting Curly Top Poodles to add a poodle puppy to your family. This has been fun journey getting to know you. I hope feel bonded to your little puppy. If you ever have any questions about your poodle, please don’t hesitate to call me.
Now comes the fun part…picking up your poodle puppy. Here are a few tips, check over to make sure the transition goes smoothly.
1. Check over my Puppy Supply List to make sure you have the items listed on hand. Important: Owners of young toy puppies should buy and keep on hand a tube of Nutri-Cal & Royal Canin Mousse can puppy food. OR a can of WET puppy food.
2. Make sure you have signed our Contract.
3. The day of pick up:
5-way shot will be administrated. Please don’t not take them to pet stores, parks, sidewalks, or unknown dogs until their 2nd rounds of shots are given. This is to protect them from parvo and other diseases. A record of their 5-way shot will be provided for you to show your vet in 4 weeks. Shot records click here.
We have wormed the puppies at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks.
The balance of puppy is due when you come to pick your puppy up. You may pay by check, cash, PayPal, or credit card. A receipt and zero balance will be given.
Poodle Information will be given.
Please bring a blanket, towel (just incase puppy get sick on way home), water, and collar/leash if puppy is to have long car ride home.
A bag of puppy food is provided in case you plan to switch foods. Please mix their food slowly so not to upset the puppy’s tummy. But keep puppy on my puppy food for 1 week. We are using Taste of the Wild Ancient Stream with Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food OR whatever your breeder has told you the puppies are eating. PLEASE use 1 or 2 teaspoon of Royal Canin Mousse OR the wet puppy food on top of their dry puppy for the first few days until they start really getting use to their new home.
Puppy will probably cry during the first couple of nights, this is natural, seeing how they are taken away from siblings and mother.
Feedings: Feed all day until puppies are 12 weeks old, then 3 X a day, and then 2 X when they are 6 months. . Please moisten their food until they are about 9 weeks old, or longer if they are picky eaters.
Poodles puppies LOVE water, but take it up at night.
A puppy will need to be taken outside: after they wake up, eat, and anytime you see them sniffing around.
If puppy bites, provide lots of toys. Don’t let them chew on your fingers.
A great way to discipline your puppy is with a roll of newspaper, or squirt gun. This mostly gets their attention to listen to you and your command.
Right now your puppy potties on their puppy pads. We provide them with about 4 of them. So provide at least 3 and then each week lessen the pads.
4. Supervise, supervise, supervise. If you cannot watch him like a hawk, he needs to be in his crate or in his play area. Please note that puppies don't understands what may hurt them, example would be: jumping off your lap unto the floor. Their legs are little and can be easily broken!
5. Handle.Get your pup used to handling from day one, touching feet, nails, tail, ears, mouth, teeth, and belly with love.
6. Socialize! Introduce your pup to all kinds of novel things. Remote control cars. Kids playing. Agility equipment. Balloons. Cats. Car rides. Vacuumed Cleaners. Mowers. Socialize, don’t traumatize. Introduce new experiences slowly and never let your puppy get overwhelmed.
7. Remember to give heartworm pills once a month even though they are inside dogs.
8. Make a Booking Appointment to pick up your puppy.
9. Love you puppy!
I hope this helps. For some of you, this is probably over kill, but I wanted to provide you with as many tools as necessary.
Curly Top Poodles ~
Rene’ Self & Gretchen Owens